KovenCounselling - Solution Focused Grief Counselling
RSS

Recent Posts

Counselling for Diversity
A New Spring
Video Counselling, the next great thing?
Isolation
Learning

Categories

forgiveness, living, dying, yes to the future
meditate, responsibility, hopefulness, love, relationships, reflect, repair
Professional Development
powered by

My Blog

FAQs (frequently asked questions)

Many people are puzzled by the profound emotional, spiritual, physical and psychological affects that are caused by death, loss and trauma.

I thought that I would respond to a few of the most frequent questions I get asked.

Question: Since my loved one has died, some of my friends and family are telling me that it is time to get on with life, and that I've spent enough time grieving. Why am I finding it so difficult?

Answer: Friends and family are well meaning, but the fact is that everyone grieves at their own pace and in their own way. It is not unusual to feel strong emotions throughout the first year as you commemorate holidays and birthdays without the deceased.  Each year will have its own triggers but in time you will become accustomed to your own "new normal".

Question: Am I going crazy? I sometimes feel my daughter's presence in the room with me and it feels as real as when she was alive.

Answer: This is not uncommon. Many people report sensory experiences after their loved one dies. Some people report feeling touched, smelling their unique scent, and feeling that the person is in the room with them. For most people this is comforting and gradually lessens with time.

Question: My doctor says I'm medically fine but I often feel unwell. Why do I feel like this?

Answer: Loss of any kind, whether from divorce, job redundancy, empty- nesting, death or from any of the other many reasons we feel bereft, affects all aspects of us. Many people describe their pain in physical terms, as in feeling broken- hearted, kicked in the stomach, having a weight on their chest, or flu-like sensations. Make sure you keep in touch with your doctor and take care of yourself while you are adjusting.

If you have any questions that you would like me to address, please feel free to send them to this blog and I'll do my best to answer them.

"When bad things happen to good people they become better people."
                                                                               -Alison Stoneman

9 Comments to FAQs (frequently asked questions):

Comments RSS
plastic toy on July-30-18 7:45 AM
i am glad to read this
Reply to comment

loemrntdherid1 on July-31-18 10:52 PM
Nice review. Thank you for sharing this information. The information was very helpful and saved a lot of my time.i am very happy to be here.
Reply to comment

best essays on September-06-18 1:23 AM
The more questions and frequently asked us for better services with us, this bereavementandloss blog has been giving us more info. The profound responding and questions with answers always,thanks.
Reply to comment

peter on September-13-18 3:26 AM
We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here and best work you have done, keep it up.Special Custom Window Stickers for you
Reply to comment

Han Hai Thon on January-15-19 2:59 AM
link 8 jual baja h beam jual pipa boiler jual plat abrex 400 jual plat asme516 grade70 jual plat astm a285 c jual plat astm516 70 jual plat boiler jual plat hardox jual plat hb 400 jual plat high strenght jual plat high tensile sm490 yb Pabrik besi beton jcac Pabrik besi hollow Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi wf Toko besi unp undangan pernikahan batik Pabrik Bondek Cor Pabrik Wiremesh Besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton interworld steel is Distributor pipa besi Distributor pipa besi Toko wiremesh Toko besi siku undangan pernikahan murah Pabrik Atap Spandek Sni Distributor Besi Siku Baja Distributor besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton gunung garuda Harga pipa besi Harga pipa besi Toko besi unp Toko Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan online Pabrik Plat Bordes Kembang Supplier Besi Siku Baja Harga besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton delcoprima Jual pipa besi Jual pipa besi Toko besi cnp Toko besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Pabrik Plat Besi Hitam Agen Besi Siku Baja Jual besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton cakra steel cs Supplier pipa besi Supplier pipa besi Toko besi hollow Toko besi cnp undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Pabrik Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Toko Besi Siku Baja Supplier besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton bjku Toko pipa besi Toko pipa besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan unik Pabrik Jual Besi Siku Baja Jual Besi Siku Baja Toko besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen pipa besi Agen pipa besi ironsteelcenter.com Supplier besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan yang unik Pabrik Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Harga Besi Siku Baja Agen besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton ais Pabrik pipa besi Pabrik pipa besi Supplier stainless steel Supplier bondek undangan pernikahan lucu Jual Besi Siku Baja Toko besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen pipa besi Agen pipa besi ironsteelcenter.com Supplier besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan yang unik Pabrik Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Harga Besi Siku Baja Agen besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton ais Pabrik pipa besi Pabrik pipa besi Supplier stainless steel Supplier bondek undangan pernikahan lucu Pabrik Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Pabrik Besi Siku Baja Pabrik besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton Distributor sch 40 Distributor sch 40 Supplier atap spandek Supplier wiremesh undangan pernikahan bunga Pabrik Besi Hollow Distributor Besi Unp Baja Distributor besi wf Harga sch 40 Harga sch 40 Supplier baja ringan Supplier pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan islami
Reply to comment

Lasik in dubai on March-12-19 4:00 AM
Nice article and such a good information. Thanks for your excellent posting. I really enjoyed reading this blog.
Reply to comment

CBD Tinctures on March-14-19 8:07 AM
CBD and hemp oil online shopping. CBD and hemp oil products for sale online. Shop for CBD and hemp oil now!
Reply to comment

usati orologi on April-01-19 5:16 AM
We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here and best work you have done, keep it up.design of receipt book
Reply to comment